Saturday, June 28, 2008

Fame Will Cost An Arm And A Leg

"I am doll eyes, doll mouth. doll legs. I am doll arms, big veins, dog bait." Hole from "Doll Parts"

Sorry to make this so short folks but my brother is in town for the weekend and I don't have a lot of time for blogging. But something did cross my sight line that I thought you would all either get a kick out of or find so disturbing that it grossed you out.

It seems the BBC, Britain's number 1 television network, is launching a new show next week called "Britain's Missing Model." It's a reality show rip off of America's Top Model, the biggest difference being that the contestants on this show have disabilities, many are missing limbs. One is deaf.

So, okay, I get it. To the fashion world these women generally wouldn't exist and to give them a show and a spread in Marie Claire is an impassioned power play, but what type of sick fetish freaks are gonna watch this? I admit the idea of watch a one legged woman pogo stick down a runway in the latest European togs is appealing to my sense of sadistic humor, but I've got a conscience and I don't think I could live with myself knowing I was enjoying something so evil.

It's not that I don't think that gals with disabilities can't be attractive, of course they can. :It's the show in general that I have a problem with.

What do you think?

Dixie Cup of Love: Marlee Matlin, Deaf and Hot.

No comments: