Monday, April 14, 2008

The Huckleberry

"Can't break free from the the things that you do, I wanna walk but I run back to you, that's why I hate myself for loving you" Joan Jett from "I Hate Myself for Loving You"

There is this awkward chemistry between the nurse and I. Call it love/hate or desire/loathe whichever you prefer, but the truth is our relationship is more host/parasite. We need each other to survive. Without her I am medication free, a state no one wants to witness. Without me, she doesn't exist at all. The figment would stop being imagined. Either way, sick of her, lusting for her, despising her, for all that I still need her.

Misogynist - (noun) - One who hates women.

I got an email yesterday that upset me to tremors. The author of the hate-o-gram was upset that I, gasp, took a stand pro-stripper in a comment I wrote at this persons blog. I defended what a difficult way it was for these women to make a living, how they are looked down on by society, that kind of thing. And this blogger wondered how I could say such things when there is so much "misogynistic shit" posted here at the Asylum. WTF? I was floored like Leon Spinks fighting Mike Tyson.

Do I come off as a vile woman hater? Pro drug, sure. Hater of American Idol, absolutely, not a fan of the retarded Hilton Girl, guilty as charged, But a misogynist?

I like to think that I portray an interesting, sometimes entertaining, character, that of inmate #4815162342. But here's the thing, I only stay in the role for one paragraph, those of you who read this daily know that. One time, experimenting, the whole blog stayed in the inmates voice. It was horrible. I thought of deleting it, but that would defeat its purpose. There was a lesson to be learned from that essay. Have fun with the Asylum but remember that its just my imagination. So I have tried to be real and honest about the tales I spin. Granted liberties are some times taken to increase entertainment value, names are changed to protect the ignorant, I mean innocent, and I tend to swipe from those that have written before me. Not in a plagiarizing way, but expanding on their ideas with thoughts of my own. But I never felt like I put Baby in the corner.

Disliking a celebrity most have fuel this scribe to blast an email at me, referring to me as "a good story writer" like I wasn't a good writer, just a story teller. I don't like celebutanes. Lohan, Ritchie, and the retarded Hilton Girl I find as worthless as journalists without a paper to write for. My counterpart must be a fan, how else do you get off calling me a misogynist? I didn't think I was going to write about this today, I had a laugh riot blog about The Nanny ready to rock, the high road was going to be taken. Fuck that. Gloves off, you wanna fight, I'm your huckleberry.

This person claim to be a straight forward fact obsessed journalist, which is obvious if you ever read their attempt at a Britney Spears joke. But this bargain basement Bob Woodward feels the need to defend opinions. If you have the slightest bit of opposing view, they shoot an email at you, or erase entire blogs because one of their commenter's got the best of them. Its as pathetic as Britney Spears in a size 2. Now that's a good Britney barb, or was it misogynistic, you decide.

Do you agree with this person? Do I come off as a misogynist?

Dixie Cup of Love: Right to Disagree.

No comments: